Are you looking for the best hourglass figure diet and workout plan to help you achieve that hourglass body shaper? Then this is for you.
If you have always admired those ladies that look fit and have beautiful curves like Venus the goddess of love, you too can improve your body to get a well-proportioned hip, butt and slim waist for the hourglass figure.
In this post I am going to show you can how to get an hourglass figure in 3 days and you will get my top tip on hourglass figure diet and workout plan that will get result fast.
However, it is important you know that, to develop and an hourglass body shape requires a long time commitment.
It goes beyond 3 days effort because even when you apply the tips here, you only will see very little to no result in just 3 days but when push through to 3o days then you will noticeable and significant change.
In fact studies show that for a lady to fully develop her curve to achieve an hourglass figure, it requires a minimum of one year of consistent and conscious effort aimed at building the muscle around your lower body A.K.A the hip, butt and quads in addition to a moderate training of the waistline A.K.A core, abs oblique to reduce the waistline.
And that why in this post, you will see exercise for wider hips with pictures that will challenge you to reach your dream body fast.
And then I will include a 30 day hourglass figure workout at home routine to focuses on your waistline and little of your upper body.
By performing the waist hourglass figure workout at home routine listed here will help you reduce your waistline.
And the lower body 30 day hourglass figure workout for your glute will help grow your curve i.e. your hips and butt.
Related Articles: Styling Tips+8 Multi-Purpose & Formal Dresses for Rectangle Body Shape
How To Get an Hourglass Figure in 3 Days (Hourglass Figure Diet and Workout Plan)
Here are some exercises to give you the body that will make heads turn whether you put on jeans or a dress.
These exercise routines will work on your glute or butt muscles, quadriceps or front thigh muscles, and the hamstrings located on the back of your thighs.
These exercises will give you a bigger hip with a slimmer waist, fine lower back muscles and well-proportioned abs.
So let us begin with how to get an hourglass figure workout before we move to dieting tips on how to get an hourglass figure in 3 days.
Tips on how to get an hourglass figure workout
So when you are working out to get a curvy and hourglass body, there are few things you need to bear in mind.
And here the key factors to focus on when using below exercises/ hourglass workout routine I will should soon.
Tip 1: Train Hard on Your lower Body to Build Muscle
Building muscle on you lower requires you to progressively challenge your all part of your glutes that is, the hips the quads and butt. And this is achieved by increasing the workout intensity and volume over time.
To increase the workout intensity and volume, you simply need to add weight like dumbbell; barbell or resistance band to your routine and then you have slowly increase weight size as the exercise becomes easier the same weight.
So what I mean here for instance is, let’s say you started all of below hourglass figure workout plan today, you have to start first without any form of weight or resistance band and the routine was challenging.
After 1 or 2 weeks, observe yourself while performing the routine to see if the routine is still challenging or is it getting easier.
If the exercises are becoming easier, then it time to increase the difficulty of the routine by adding some sort of resistance or weights like dumbbell and barbell.
You are start with the least weight and slowly increasing the weight size as it each size/level become easier.
This is the only way you can grow your lower body to have am hourglass figure.
Tip 2: Train Moderately on Your Waistline with Just Body weight.
So this is where some people get it wrong they think they still need to trainer as hard as they do on the lower body to reduce it, but that is not the case.
You see when you are trying to reduce your waistline to achieve that hourglass figure; you do not need to build up the muscle on your waist by training like you are doing with your lower body workout routine.
You only need a moderate and challenging enough waistline routine to help burn fat, tighten and tone the muscles there and not increase.
Tip 3: Train Hard on Your Upper Body( shoulder, check, Arms and Back)
This tip applies to you if you naturally have small//slim upper body frame.
You need to train hard on you upper to build up. You have to follow the same training technique I explained in tip number about your glute to your upper body too.
This will make your waist look a lot smaller while your check and shoulder appear more prominent.
And off cause with your bigger gutes size which have been training hard too, that is what gives you the hourglass figure.
Tip 4: Train moderately on Your Upper Body.
This applies to you if you naturally have bigger upper body, broader shoulder, and wide chest.
I am sure if you read through to this point, you already know why you shouldn’t over train your upper.
Well if you still don’t get it, it’s simple.
One, you don’t want to build more size on your upper body with progressively overloading the muscle.
And second, you still need to train moderately to burn fat, tighten, tone and firm up the muscle on these areas.
With that lets move to the hourglass figure workout at home routine for each body parts.
So we will start with lower body glute exercise for wider hips with pictures and go to
hourglass body workout routine for the waistline and finally the upper body hourglass workout routine.
30 day hourglass figure workout
30 Day Hourglass Figure Workout Routine for Lower Body
Please pick to 3 to 4 days in week that best sorts your schedule and then you want give your best each day.
Do not train this body part every day. Your glute need rest for it to grow bigger. The train time is now when your glute increases.
In fact the training actually destroys the weaker glute muscles and as you rest, new stronger and bigger muscles are develop to replace the weaker dead glute muscles that could not withstand the stress posed by the training.
6 Glute Exercise for Wider Hips with Pictures
No1. Quadruped Hip Extensions
This Move Engages The Hips, Glutes, Hamstrings, And Core ( Please see demonstration on the 20 second video)
Quadruped hip extensions is an excellent workout for your gluteus maximus which means the muscles of the buttocks.
According to a study by the American Council on Exercise, this exercise leads to the highest “muscle activation” in the glutes, helping it to perform better.
In addition, this exercise keeps your abdominal muscles or core engaged and work on your hamstrings too.
Here is how you do it.
- To start this move, go down on your hands and knees on and use your core to contract your abdominal muscles while your torso and back are steady.
- Next, lift one leg up and bend your knee to a 90-degree angle. Then lift this leg up until its bottom faces the ceiling while the leg itself is lined up with your body.
- Finally, return the leg back to the floor. You can do this movement 8 to 12 times on this leg before you change to the other side to work on the other leg.
No 2. Step-Ups To Work Your Glutes
See demonstration on 30 seconds video
This exercise uses the glutes. Step-ups according to American Council on Exercise says it is in the list of the most effective exercises for your glutes.
You can do this butt exercise to work on your balance, strength, and power on one side of the body at a time.
You do this daily unknown to you. This exercise targets mainly the large muscles on your legs, the glutes, and hamstrings. It will build a well-shaped butt.
Here is how to do it.
Start by standing upright with your foot on a bench or step. Carry a dumbbell at both sides with your arms straight.
Now, step on to the bench with both feet. Next, step down with one foot while the other foot is still on top of the bench.
Repeat this move on the other leg. Do 3 sets of this for 10 to 12 reps on each of your legs.
No 3. Glute Bridge For Your Hips And Thighs
This exercise uses the hips and thighs. Also, it will tone up your buttocks and thighs and strengthen the lower back and your pelvic muscles.
Here is how you do it.
- Lie down on the floor with your legs hip-width apart and bend your knees. Keep your feet flat on the floor and your arms on your side on the floor.
- Contract your abdominal muscles and push your lower back into the floor.
- Breathe out, hold the abdominal muscles contracted, and lift your hips off the floor. At this point, you will feel your gluteal muscles contract. Also, don’t let your back curve too much.
- Now breathe in as you bring your body down gradually to the floor.
No 4. Squats
This Engages Your Buttocks, Core, Back, And Thigh Muscles
This exercise makes use of the buttocks and it is an exercise for wider hips. According to the
American Council on Exercise’s study, if you are able to plunge your thighs lower than the usual 90 degrees of the squat where your thighs are parallel to the ground, you will trigger your gluteus maximus muscles better. Also, this routine will work on your leg muscles, back muscles and your core.
Here is how you do it.
- Now start with your feet a bit more than hip-width apart with your toes turned out a little. Also, keep your arms beside you to allow your palms to face inward. Hold your shoulders back and keep your chest out and firm. Engage your core to make your back firm while you do the move.
- Next, breathe in and lower your hips gradually. At the same time, move hips back as you bend down. Make sure hips and knees have a hinge as you move. Shun moving your knees too far out in front of you by keeping your core engaged properly with your spine flat.
- keep on lowering until your thighs are nearly or totally parallel to the floor. Note, that at this point, try to, plunge lower to fully use this movement. However, you should only try this if you don’t have a knee problem. It is better you do this move slowly and build up over time. Line up your knees on top of the second toe on each of your feet.
- Finally, breathe out and stretch your knees and hips to lift yourself up. Thrust your heels into the floor to help with smooth movement until you are standing again.
No 5 Superman’s routine
This exercise works on the buttocks, lower /upper back, core and stability. (see Demonstration in 30seconds video)
Here is how to do it.
- Start by lying face down on the floor and stretch your legs out behind you. Put your arms straight above your head, and let your palms face inward. Now, rest your neck and let your head be in line with your back.
- Breathe out and engage your core and back to keep it stable, then stretch your legs away from your upper body so they are a few inches off the floor. Let your arms fly a few inches above the floor too, while you keep all your stretched limbs in a straight line. Try not to slump your head down, strain it or lift it too high. Also, this position will curve your back and cause it to hurt a little.
- Suspend yourself in this position for a few seconds before breathing in and letting go of your legs and arms, and laying them slowly down to the position you started from on the floor.
No 6. Lunges For Your Quads, Hamstrings, And Glutes
This exercise uses the hamstrings. Use your own bodyweight to make lunges to work on your buttocks, glutes, quadriceps, and hamstrings.
Here is how to do it.
- Start by standing. Put your feet together, pull your shoulders, and use your abdominal muscles as support
- Move front with your right leg, raise it up and stop for a while to keep your balance before lowering your leg to the floor.
- Now, bend your knees as far as possible, going to the front at the hips. Lower your body until the front thigh is parallel to the floor. Lower it as much as you can bear without any pain. Make sure your front knee is at the back of your toes.
- Thrust up from this position, and keep the heel of the front foot on the floor as you straighten the leg. Now use your buttocks and thigh muscles to go back to the position you started from.
Exercise for Flat Tummy and Big Hips with Pictures
So here the exercise for flat tummy and wider hips I promised. These exercise for flat tummy and big hips with pictures are designed to target both your hips and butt at the same time.
They are also ideal for your oblique or lovehandle and side waist to give that tinny waist.
Hourglass Figure Workout Plan for Waistline: 3 Exercise for Flat Tummy and Hips
For this group of exercise, you have to perform them 2 to 3 times in a week you are not working your lower body.
Or you can do them after your glute training in any 2 or 3 od the days you have the energy to.
No 1. Lunge Crunches.
To perform this move simply start by standing up straight one leg forward and the other in back or you can lunge to side
Then go down to a lunge legs bent to a 90 degree and on coming up bring the back leg off the ground and crunch your abs while trying to meet your elbows and knee of back leg in front.
Please image for better understanding of the move.
No 2. Standing Alternate Elbow to Knee Crunch.
For this exercises simply stand up with foot wider than shoulder width apart. Then bring your right elbow to meet your lift knee while your crunch your abs muscles.
Repeat the move for 20 to 30 reps the switch and perform the same move on the opposite knee and elbow.
You are to perform all the routine 3 to 5 days a week the see significant changes in your body.
No 3. Bicycle Crunches To Work Your Oblique And Hip
This exercise works on the oblique. This bicycle crunches you do while cycling your legs in the air are part the best things you can do for your core, abdomen, and oblique muscles on the sides of your torso.
Also when you tone this area, it will relax your flabby waistline and restructure your look to accentuate your hips. Furthermore, it also helps to work on your hips.
Here is how to do it.
- Start the move by lying down on your back. Bend your knees and hips at angle 90 degrees. Keep your lower legs parallel to the floor. Next, lay your fingers on both sides of your forehead.
- Lift your shoulder up from the floor gently and suspend yourself in this position.
- Next, curl your upper body to your right, and at the same time pull your right knee fast to scratch your left elbow. While doing this straighten your left leg. So that you create a cycling motion as you return to the start position. Repeat this move on the other side.
And remember nutrition gets you 80% of the results so be sure to use this nutrition guide so you’re eating right for quick result.
How to Get an Hourglass Figure Workout for Upper Body
Please for your upper and check workout please follow the routine in this video.
So with that let’s now talk about your diet/nutrition.
Hourglass Body Shaper Nutrient Tips
There are 4 things you need keep in mind when eating to get an hourglass figure.
No 1. You should Either Eat on Calorie Surplus or On a Calorie Deficit.
If you are skinny or slim and want to have an hourglass shape you need be eating on a calorie surplus to again weight on the glute. You can calculate you calorie here
And if you are already big or fat and you don’t want to gain more weight, then eat on a calorie deficit. Just around 100 to 300 calories short from your maintenance calories.
This will make your body use up the excess fat to build muscle on the right part so you can have an hourglass figure. Look up your deficit calories here. Doing
Calorie Surplus means eating over your body maintenance level while calorie deficit means eating blow your maintenance calories every day.
Calories is the energy content in every food we eat if don’t know and all food including drinks and chewing gum has calorie except water..
No 2. Eat Enough Protein Daily.
You need at least 1 to 1.5gram of protein per kilogram of your body. So that means if your weight 60kg you about 60 to 90grams of protein per day.
You can read this article on choosing the right protein maximum result because not all protein sources are equal.
No 3. Include A lot of Fiber Food Your Diet
Eating a little more fiber food will help will with your bowel activity to reduce your waistline.
No 4. Try to Stay Away From Unhealthy Food
Eating junks and unhealthy food will not provide your body the nutrient it needs to recompose and restructure your body the right way.
Concluding on Top Tips for hourglass figure diet and workout plan
In this post, I gave you Exercise for wider hips with pictures. And I have also shown you exercise for flat tummy and big hips with pictures which are great for abs hips..
You can include each of this exercise for flat tummy and hips routine in your exercise regimen, then you want to target 3 sets of 15 to 20 repetitions per day for 3 to 5 days a week..
Stay consistent with these exercises and soon you will receive a perfectly proportioned big hip and super figure that was once only a dream.
Hope you like this article please share.